Remote Learning Model
Client: Western School of Science and Technology
Date: Spring, 2020
Role: Project manager
Goal: Create an accessible, engaging, and scalable model for Remote Learning during COVID19.
Constraints & path forward:
There was no current system in place for remote learning. We also only had two weeks to create the plan.
Finally, we had teachers in a variety of mindsets and skill levels around EdTech and online learning.
Steps in the process:
- Identify the vision, big goals, and key performance indicators
- Create a model that’s easy to implement
- Develop training and support resources for staff and admin
- Lead ongoing training for staff and admin
- Take stock of results and modify as needed
- Reflect on the process at the end of the school year
Indicators of success:
Throughout remote learning, which was technically optional, more than 92% of students engaged in coursework. Approximately 60% completed all work assigned to them. This is dramatically higher than local and national average.
NOTE: The actual model isn’t shared here as it is propriety to the school.